Cost of preimplantation genetic diagnosis
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) is provided to identify the presence of genetic abnormalities in embryo created through in vitro fertilization. The cost of preimplantation genetic diagnosis is variable depending on the IVF clinic.
Diagnosis is recommended in the following cases:
- Patient is a carrier of chromosomal rearrangement, monogenic disorder;
- One or both parents are diagnosed with abnormalities;
- There is a high risk of hereditary diseases;
- A couple has children with birth defects;
- Partner has a disorder of spermatogenesis;
- Woman experiences a recurrent pregnancy loss;
- Women over 35, Men over 39;
- Recurrent IVF failure;
- Rhesus incompatibility;
- To detect a gender of the baby.
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis is carried out by means of additional technologies. When multifollicular ovarian stimulation is done, follicles are extracted during the ovary puncture. After that embryologists fertilize egg with spermatozoa.
On the 5th day of embryo development a few cells are microsurgically removed from the embryos. After that embryologists freeze carefully the embryos in cryobank. Cells of the embryos are sent to PGD laboratory where their DNA is checked for the presence of a problematic gene inheritance in each embryo.
The price of PGD in the USA and European medical centers is usually included into general expenses of the program. The IVF cost with PGD can be reduced if clients attend the medical facility directly without any agent.
Leave an application for free consultation – we will choose the best solution for you!Get a consultation with a doctor